VILLAGE OF CANASTOTA BRUSH POLICY|
As in past years, the Public Works crews will pick up brush and branches resulting from routine yard maintenance or tree trimming done by homeowners. The program is NOT intended as a means for homeowners to dispose of entire trees which may have been cut down by the property owner or have fallen on private property.
- No brush with a diameter larger than 4 inches will be picked up. *Leaf pickup will run every week from April - Oct. weather (snow) permitting.
- Grass clippings and other bagged landscape waste(pine cones, twigs, etc) will be picked up with the brush and must be placed in biodegradable paper yard waste bags.
- Homeowners wishing to participate in the brush pick-up program should have their brush at the curb at 7:00 A.M. on Monday.
- Brush must be left neatly stacked at the curb in front of the home.
- The brush should be cut into lengths no more than eight feet long and it should not be tied in any way. The butt ends of the trunks should face toward the street, ready to be inserted into the chipper. Brush that is piled in a tangled mess severely reduces the crew's ability to complete its scheduled route and creates a hazard for the crew and will not be picked up.
- Brush will be limited to an amount that would fill the back of a small pick up truck. As much as the Village would like to accommodate requests for pick up outside of the scheduled day, the Public Works crews must adhere to the established pick-up schedule in order to administer the program effectively and efficiently.
- If a residential property owner has a large amount of brush, the Village can provide a trailer for loading by the property owner. Call the DPW at the phone number below to arrange.
In the event of storm damage, the Village may make exceptions to the above rules.
Questions regarding Brush Pick-Up can be answered by the DPW at 315-697-7042.