ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
VILLAGE OF CANASTOTA, NEW YORK
HEADWORKS FACILITY IMPROVEMENTS
Sealed Bids for the construction of the Headworks Facility Improvements for the Village of Canastota, New York, will be received at the office of the Village of Canastota at Village Hall, 205 South Peterboro Street, Canastota, NY 13032, until 11:00 a.m. local time on Thursday, June 2, 2022, at which time the Bids received will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Separate sealed Bids will be received for the following:
Contract No. 1 – General
Contract No. 2 – Electrical
Contract No. 3 – HVAC
Bids shall be on a lump sum basis for Contract Nos. 1, 2, and 3.
The work consists of constructing, complete with all equipment, accessories, and appurtenances the following in accordance with the plans and specifications heretofore prepared by Timothy P. O’Hara, P.E., PLLC; and Lynstaar Engineering, P.C.:
- Demolition of the complete existing grit washing and dewatering equipment and all associated controls, appurtenances located in the Screening and Grit Room and in the Electric Room of the Headworks facility, and replacement with a new grit cyclone and classifier assembly, complete with local controls, remote main control panel, and all associated supports, hangers, electrical conduit, wiring and appurtenances.
- Demolition of all drain pipes, supports, hangers, and appurtenances associated with the above-referenced grit equipment being demolished and of the complete grit slurry feed piping from the submersible grit pump discharge pipe connection (above the grit chamber liquid surface) to the grit dewatering system being demolished, and replacement with new grit slurry feed and drain piping of types, quantities and sizes as required to accommodate the new grit cyclone and classifier assembly.
- Demolition of existing electrical panels, fixtures and appurtenances in the Screening and Grit Room and replacement with new electrical panels, fixtures and appurtenances, and corresponding electrical modifications and upgrades in the Electric Room, to replace corroded and non-functioning items and to accommodate new equipment systems being provided by the other Prime Contracts.
- Demolition of the existing heating and ventilating systems in the Screening and Grit Room and replacement with new heating and ventilating systems.
- Provision of a new flow monitoring system for automatic measuring and recording of pump station bypass and overflow events, to include modifications to the existing concrete vault that receives discharges from the facility’s wet weather storage tank overflow pipe (12-inch diameter) and from the pumpstation influent bypass pipe (24-inch diameter), provision of two (2) new area velocity type flow meters (one provided for each of the above referenced 12-inch and 24-inch pipes), associated flow transmitter and weatherproof enclosure, and all associated electrical conduit, wiring and appurtenances.
- Demolition and replacement of six (6) NEMA 7 disconnect switches and enclosures, one for each of three dry weather pumps and one for each of three wet weather pumps, mounted outdoors over the corresponding pump wet wells.
- Demolition and replacement of one (1) NEMA 7 disconnect switch and enclosure for the wet well mixer, mounted outdoors over the dry weather wet well.
Bidding Documents may be examined online at:
Arrangements shall be made in advance to examine the documents at the Village Hall located at 205 South Peterboro Street in the Village of Canastota, by contacting the Village Clerk-Treasurer, Catherine Williams, at (315) 697-7559, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Complete sets of the Bidding Documents may be downloaded electronically from the online plan room at https://planandprint.com for a non-refundable fee of Twenty Dollars ($20.00) or obtained in hardcopy at the office of Plan & Print Systems, Inc., telephone (315) 437-5111, located at 6160 Eastern Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13211. The cost per hardcopy set (full sets only) is a non-refundable fee of Sixty-Five Dollars ($65.00) payable to Plan & Print Systems, Inc. This fee applies to both digital and hard copy sets.
Bidders who request the mailing of the documents shall include, in addition to the Bidding Document deposit, a non-refundable delivery and handling charge of Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00) per set, payable by separate check to Plan & Print Systems, Inc.
The request for Bidding Documents shall include the Bidder’s company name, Bidder’s business and shipping address (if different), contact person(s), telephone number, E-mail, and Contract Trade affiliation.
All other questions shall be submitted in writing to Tim O’Hara, PE, at email@example.com. The subject heading for all e-mails shall be:
Subject: Village of Canastota, NY – Headworks Facility Improvements
No response will be given to questions received less than four days before the Bid opening date.
Bidders shall review and acknowledge all Addenda on the Bid Form.
A Bid must be accompanied by Bid security made payable to Owner in an amount of 10 percent of Bidder’s maximum Bid price and in the form of a certified check or a Bid Bond (on the form included in the Bidding Documents) issued by a surety meeting the requirements of the General Conditions.
If, upon acceptance of a Bid, a Bidder fails to enter into a Contract with the Village of Canastota, the bid security shall be forfeited to and become the property of the Village of Canastota.
No Bidder may withdraw its Bid within 90 days after the date of the Bid opening. The successful Bidder must furnish a 100% Performance Bond and a 100% Payment Bond with a surety company satisfactory to the Village of Canastota and conforming to the prerequisite requirements of the General Conditions on the forms included in the Bidding Documents.
The Village of Canastota reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any or all Bids.
Bidders are required to certify, under penalty of perjury, that Bids have been prepared without collusion with other Bidders, subcontractors, suppliers, etc. This certification is included with the Bid Form and each Bidder must sign in the space provided.
A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held at 10:00 a.m. local time on Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at the Canastota Headworks Facility, Joe Stagnitti Lane (off North Main Street), Canastota, NY. Representatives of Owner and Engineer will be present to discuss the project. Bidders are required to attend and participate in the conference.
This project is subject to the requirements and regulations of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.
BY ORDER OF THE VILLAGE OF CANASTOTA BOARD OF TRUSTEES.
Dated: April 28, 2022