For Immediate Release
August 8, 2022
DRUGS AND A LOADED FIREARM FOUND DURING A SEARCH WARRANT AT A VILLAGE OF CANASTOTA RESIDENCE
Canastota, NY – On August 4, 2022, members of the Madison County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit executed a search warrant on the residence located at 110 New Boston Street, Village of Canastota. The search warrant was issued following a lengthy investigation into controlled substance sales occurring at the residence. Upon executing the search warrant, MCSO Narcotics Unit members seized methamphetamine, a loaded Luger .30 caliber pistol and an electronic stun gun from the residence.
Subsequent to the investigation, Eric Howe, 25-years-old, of 110 New Boston St., Canastota NY, was charged with the following crimes:
- 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon 3rd – Class D Felony
- 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 5th – Class D Felony
- 1 count of Criminal Possession of a Firearm – Class E Felony
- 1 Count of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th – Class A Misd.
- 2 Counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon 4th – Class A Misd.
- 1 Count of Criminally Using Drug Paraphernalia 2nd – Class A Misd.
Subsequent to arrest, Howe was transported to the Madison County Jail, where he was arraigned in CAP court and held on $20,000 Bond. Howe is due to appear in the Village of Canastota Court at a later date to answer the charges. The Madison County Sheriff’s Office was assisted in this investigation by the Oneida Police Department, the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office and the Canastota Police Department.
Press release courtesy Madison County Sheriff’s Office